Friday, October 16, 2009

And the hill reclaimed it back !!

Not so long ago when I moved into Bangalore I searched for a place which had no roads , which was not plagued by concrete structures , which was not polluted , which had no traffic lights , which ...
I ended up buying a flat in a place which had some roads , which had a hillock on one side , which had some fresh air , which was surrounded by some traffic lights and which ...


One fine day I was greeted in the morning by the roaring noise of a dozen earth movers all trying to climb a hillock .

I ran up the hill to do my bit . I inquired here and there and whoever I could speak to but nobody knew what was going on . May be nobody was interested. Some people were inspired by the fuel guzzling monsters which ripped the trees and plants and shrubs and grass and my heart ...

It was painful to see a green hill turn into a barren landscape .

Every day I saw the hill crumbling down , green turning to brown and the birds stopped coming , the wind stopped blowing , the trees lost their balance , even the stones found no reason to stay there , the mighty hill was about to be brought to its knees ...


But as they say , you can break a mountain but not its spirit . The stock market crashed , some banks went bust , some CEO's lost their jobs , some construction companies failed and in this commotion the earth movers just slipped into some dark corner.


In a weeks time the grass showed up again , tree saplings started to spread their roots, the winds were eager to reclaim their territory , the birds were happy to return to their nests and yes the hill reclaimed it back !!

4 comments:

Anurag Chitlangia said...

Bravo!

Anonymous said...

Thank God you started writing again! Your blogs are always a pleasure to read. Happy Diwali to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Yeah .. If we have bad effects of recession then we have good too . But people rarely notice that . Great that you emphasized on this . Nice saying : Whatever happens , happens for good . Mountain also would have discovered its spirit's strength. Amazing article!

Unknown said...

I liked this "you can break a mountain but not its spirit".