Thursday, November 18, 2004

An Autobiography !

An Autobiography
Or
The Story Of My Experiments With Truth
M.K Gandhi


'How can one steal this, its too much!",well I apologize for using this as a title for my article(and no apology to those who are scratching their head to discover as to what crap is going on.
I'm sure no body would sue me for plagiarism.

Reading & writing is my hobby& to keep up to others expectations I try reading what ever comes across. This way one can surely boast to be an intellectual , any buyers ?
"The Story Of My Experiments With Truth" is a unique autobiography in itself. It takes a lot of guts to admit ones shortcomings.

Every book/story has a lesson to derive from & it took me no time(how intelligent) to find out that the moral to learn was : truthfulness !!

And here I was/am ready to stand for values & nothing less but truth.I was bubbling with enthusiasm & wanted to portray at the slightest of provocation as to how strongly I would imbibe by the 'learnings' .

My friend called up the same day(the day I finished the book), he wanted me to come down to his house for a gathering.I had no better excuse than this :'I am expecting a relative today'.

The episode filled me with compunction, I had spoken a lie , the truth being that I wanted to spend time in my own sweet way . Nothing too bad happened but it did teach me that how onerous it is to be truthful always .

After each episode I convince myself that all my lies were 'small'(lies can be classified into small, big, bigger, huge,gigantic,monstrous,..) & that I had not harmed anyone.

Not sure if my 'lies' have surpassed my 'truths' but every lie does make me feel as if Gandhi standing and saying "Common buddy ! their is a long - long way to go before you write something like "The Story Of My Experiments With Truth !".

Aseem Rawat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful writings by you... was great reading ur Autobiography... wish everyone in this world at least had the courage to admit that one was lying

Anonymous said...

Excellent post.. I've spent 2 hrs reading all your posts right from the latest to the first.. I never felt bored..
You have an awesome writing skills..
I can feel the change in my mind after reading and experiencing your refined thoughts..
keep updating the blog.. :)